Wanted to share some of my quick notes on how to configure networking (IPV6, DNS) on the newly built 2012R2 DC
1. Leave IPV6 enabled. Microsoft does not recommend to remove it, it’s part of OS.
2. Unlink IPV6 from listening IPs on DNS server, only leave to listen on IPv4 address (questionable but works for me)
3. Remove ::1 loopback address from IPV6 interface
4. Create reverse lookup zone and update PTR records for your DCs / DNS Servers
5. Each DC reference partner DC for DNS, then 127.0.0.1
Now it’s nicely resolving each DNS server with its FQDN name when doing nslookups, and not with “Unknown” or ::1