Could not find this information on the Knowledge Base recently and thought I would publish it here. The need to skip ProxyAddress type arises often on many migration projects and instructions do not come as part of the User Guide.
1. Open ADAM ADSIEdit (installed by default on the ADAM server)
2. Provide ADAM server name and port number. Select “Distinguished name (DN) or naming context” and specify CN=<QMM Project name>, for example CN=QMM1. The name of QMM project can be found when running Open Project Wizard or it’s also listed on the top of QMM project Manager in parenthesis.
3. Select CN=AMMProject_<GUID> (This is generated, so it will vary per ADAM project)
4. Select CN=Projects
5. Find underneath the project CN associated with the domain pair. “Aelita-Amm-Name” property would be equal to domain pair name.
6. Find underneath CN associated with Migration or Synchronization node. “Aelita-Amm-Name” property would be equal to friendly name displayed in QMM Project Manager.
7. On the properties of Synchronization noderequired value to “aelita-Amm-SrcMailSkipList” and ” aelita-Amm-TrgMailSkipList” multi-valued attributes, for example Notes, X400 etc.
1. This will only prevent creation of such types ofand does not prevent their deletions. For example if Notes types of addresses were skipped as described above but target objects already have them populated, deleting Notes addresses from the source will also result in deletion of such address on the target matched objects.
2. Population of “aelita-Amm-SrcMailSkipList” and ” aelita-Amm-TrgMailSkipList” multi-valued attributes does not affect DSA logic of writing redirection addresses, populating SMTP addresses based on E-mail policies of Exchange 2007 or in the scenarios where CopyPrimarySMTP parameter is utilized.
NOTE: In large migration projects it will be very tedious task to search for the needed matched pair. Build LDAP query following these instructions:
Right click ADAM Connection at the very top – New-Query. Provide Name, highlight “Root of Search”, leave “Query Scope” as subtree search by default. As query string type (aelita-Amm-JobType=0). It will list all synchronization jobs in the project.